This is a continuing education class for licensed massage therapists. CEU 4-Total time scheduled 4 hours.
The calendula flower Calendula officinalis is well known for its ability to heal and has therapeutic actions that include anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, and emollient. These actions make it an effective choice to use for an infused massage oil. Calendula has been used topically for muscle soreness and many types of skin problems. The oil has the ability to soften and smooth the skin and scar tissue and is very well tolerated by those with sensitive skin.
Required Supplies-1 set of sheets and pillowcase. 1 large towel.
You will be supplied with 4oz bottle of infused oil, 1oz dried calendula flowers.
This class is a mixture of lecture and hands on training. Students will:
● Receive knowledge of the therapeutic actions of the plant and how it applies to massage and other uses
● Learn the basics of how to choose a base oil for the infusion
● Learn how to make the infused oil in class
- Learn any contraindications of the infused oil
● Practice massage therapy techniques on classmates using infused oil
Learning Objectives & Outcomes
Upon completion of this course students will demonstrate proficiency in the understanding of the therapeutic actions of the calendula flower and how to prepare and use an infused oil from the flowers. Students will also learn safety precautions and contraindications involved with the calendula flower.