Far infrared sauna sessions are available here at the studio. Far infrared heat is needed for the optimum health of all living things and the radiant heat that surrounds you in this sauna penetrates deep into your joints, muscles, and tissues, and increases oxygen flow and circulation. Longwave far infrared heat is completely safe and produces the same far infrared heat as the sun without the harmful ultraviolet rays. A session in the sauna may result in a deep detoxifying sweat, and regular sauna use helps to assist your body’s natural detoxification process. This far infrared sauna is made with organic hemp and you are completely surrounded by the healing infrared heat, front and back.
Far infrared sauna sessions can be added on to any service or scheduled as a stand alone service. Money saving packages are also available. Note that far infrared saunas may not be indicated for certain people or health conditions, this will be discussed during your intake.This particular sauna is a “dome” type which is like a narrow tube around your body which you lay in. You will need to be able to climb in and out of the tube easily. If you have mobility concerns this type of sauna may not be a good fit for you. Please read through the entire page for what to expect from your far infrared sauna session here at the studio. Some benefits of a far infrared sauna include:
- Stress Reduction and Improved Sleep– traditional saunas are mostly hot air that make you sweat, but far infrared heat provides a gentle, soothing therapeutic heat that promotes relaxation and improves sleep, helping you to relax and promote a deep tissue sweat that leaves you feeling renewed.
- Pain Relief and Increased Circulation– the deep penetrating heat helps peripheral blood vessels dilate which helps to bring relief to muscles and soft tissues. Increased blood circulation carries off metabolic waste products and brings in oxygen rich blood to the depleted muscle allowing faster recovery, the heat also helps to reduce soreness.
- Detoxification– far infrared heat increases blood circulation and stimulates the sweat glands promoting a deep tissue sweat that helps to release built up toxins in the body. Regular sauna sessions help the body rid itself of accumulated toxic chemicals like lead, mercury, nickel, alcohol, nicotine, sulfuric acid, and more.
- Weight Loss– As the body increases sweat production the heart pumps harder to increase blood circulation. This increase in metabolism burns more calories.
- Improves Immune System– core temperature is raised which is like inducing an artificial fever which is the body’s natural healing mechanism, this accelerates the immune response. Enhanced immune system combined with elimination of wastes and toxins form the sweating increases overall health and resistance.
- Skin Cell Rejuvenation- deep sweating carries off deeply imbedded impurities and dead skin cells leaving the skin glowing and clean. Increased circulation draws your skins own nutrients to the surface bringing improved tone, elasticity, texture, and fresh color. Increased heart rate and localized blood circulation work together to stop fatty deposits from accumulating liquids in the fat cells to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Before your session– hydrate! Always drink plenty of water before and after your session.
During your session– you may not sweat as much during your first 2-3 sessions which is normal for people who do not usually sweat a lot. It may take a few sessions for the body to get back into the natural rhythm.
What to wear- more skin exposure is preferable, you can wear loose fitting shorts and a tee shirt, a swim suit, or your birthday suit. If you wear clothing into the sauna you should bring a change of clothes since you may have wet clothes from sweating when you get out.
After your session- make sure to hydrate with water after your session and the rest of the day.
Prices are as follows:
20 minute session- $25
20 minute add on to any service- $20
Package pricing- buy 4 20 minute sessions get 1 free $100
Photo credit and information courtesy of Clearlight Sauna